Osteopath Fitzroy North
What is osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a form of natural medicine used to treat different types of pain and imbalance within your body. Specifically, it uses our holistic understanding of the muscles, bones, joints, nerves, tissues and organs for treatment. This manual therapy also relies on your body’s innate ability to heal and recover on its own.
At Complete Health Osteopathy + Pilates (CHOP), our osteopaths use diagnosis and hands-on therapeutic skills to identify and address various musculoskeletal issues. We study your body’s condition, discuss our assessment with you then apply the best osteopathic care possible. And if you need an experienced osteopath in Fitzroy North, our nearby clinic will be happy to assist you.
What are the benefits of osteopathy?
If you are experiencing body pain at work, worrying about an existing injury or in need of drug-free treatment options, then osteopathy is for you. The best thing about this manual therapy is that it suits any age and gender. Moreover, it can address a wide range of body conditions. Here are some of its great benefits:
- Non-invasive relief. Osteopathy uses gentle treatment techniques like massages to reduce feelings of discomfort. Here at Complete Health, we provide complete patient care by finding the origin of your body aches. This way, you get more than a quick fix for your migraine, headache and other pains.
- Posture remedy. This one is useful for young patients. Training kids and teens on how to sit in school or carry heavy loads can help them grow into healthy adults. With osteopathy, they get to know early on the importance of caring for their bodies to avoid chronic pain or long-term issues later.
- Prenatal care. Expectant mums go through several body changes. Increased weight, a growing belly and fluid retention all lead to backaches. Osteopathy can help maintain spinal and pelvic balance to reduce pain. Gentle treatment can ease the strain of delivery and help speed up postnatal recovery, too.
- Quality life. Our bodies change as we age. Women, for instance, go through premenstrual syndrome, health issues after giving birth and swollen joints. Osteopathy can then help you adjust and go through each life phase with less pain and worries.
- Injury management. Osteopaths can help relieve pain from all sorts of injuries, whether it’s tennis elbow from racquet sports or Achilles tendonitis from excessive exercise. Treatment will usually involve low-impact exercises and massages that reduce stiffness and increase blood circulation.
Choosing Complete Health for your treatment has other advantages, too. These include convenient Carlton North clinic hours, reliable osteopath close to Fitzroy North, patient-specific care and hands-on treatment.